Al Salam Aleykoum,
Great Revelations Academy is currently preparing to reopen for the school year 2020-2021, during which GRA will offer full in-person learning daily from Monday to Friday. The school will implement all necessary recommendations by CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) , WHO (World Health Organization) and local health agencies to ensure maximum protection to students, teachers, administrators, staff and parents.
GRA facility is very spacious; classrooms will be modified to ensure maximum social distancing at all times. Students will spend the majority of their time in their classrooms. Alternatively, teachers will be switching from classroom to another.
The following plan will be adopted for the school year 2020-2021 for all grades. The measures outlined are tentative and subject to change:
- School hours will be daily from 9:00 am-2:00 pm for KG-10th grade.
- Preschool hours will be from: 8:30 am- 2:30 pm.
- Monday August 31, 2020 is the first day of school for all students.
- Shorter hours are adapted to allow for extra cleaning and disinfecting time.
- Sick students, teachers and other staff must stay home and will not be allowed to enter.
- Wearing masks will be mandatory. However, students can opt to remove them when sitting on their desks. Teachers will wear masks at all times.
- Temperature check will be performed on everyone entering the facility in the. Anyone who shows signs of sickness (cough, fever, etc.) will be asked to return home. In addition, students will be observed throughout the day for any sign of symptoms.
- GRA will promote regular hand washing with water, soap and hand sanitizer.
- GRA common areas and classrooms will be cleaned and disinfected on daily basis.
- GRA will enforce social distancing inside the facility:
- keeping students within six-feet from each other
- GRA will have limited seating in each classroom (average 15 students/classroom and for preschool: 12-14 students)
- Students desks will be placed with 6-feet in each direction
- All sort of gathering will be suspended especially sports and assembly
- Food service will not be available and students should bring their own lunch/snack. Majority of students will eat lunch/snack in classrooms.
- Limiting large groups of students coming together. For this reason, GRA will be using four different entrances to allow student and staff in.:
- Parents will not be allowed to enter the facility during drop off or pick up.
- Parents will drop off their child (children) at the designated entrance. Each entrance will be marked with a specific color:
- Green for PreK
- Blue for KG-5th
- Yellow for 6th-10th
- Red for Teachers and staff
- Once the student is cleared to enter the facility, he/she will head to his/her classroom under the observation of a GRA staff.
- During drop off, each teacher will be taking her students to the designated area for pick up. Parents stay in their cars while students follow the instruction of their teachers on when to leave.
- Students will spend the majority of their time in classrooms. However, specific breaks will be given during the day for lunch/snack, prayer and/or other activities.
- The school will enforce its safety procedure and will not tolerate any violations.
- The school will be prepared for possible infection and will follow the guidance of CDC "School Decision Tree".
- In case of forced closure to school by local authorities due to another outbreak of COVID-19, the school will immediately turn to online learning. In this situation, the tuition will be lowered by a certain percentage. Details will be shared in due time.
- Key dates:
- August 15th, 2020: First tuition payment ($657 for KG-9th, $ 825 for PreK) is due and must be received by the office no later than 8/15/2020; otherwise the student name will be removed from the list. Remember that seats are limited
- August 31st 2020: First day of school
Please feel free to call or email the school in case you have any question or concern.
The school office is open for enrollment daily from 10:00am-2:00 pm (Monday-Friday) and online by visiting: www.greatrevelations.org.
With Allah's Blessings.
Great Revelations Academy
6400 Miller Rd
Dearborn, MI 48126
Tel: (313) 254-4504
Fax: (313) 649-5353