Great Revelations Academy is currently preparing to reopen for the school year 2020-2021, during which GRA will offer full in-person learning daily from Monday to Friday. The school will implement all necessary recommendations by CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) , WHO (World Health Organization) and local health agencies to ensure maximum protection to students, teachers, administrators, staff and parents.
GRA facility is very spacious and the classroom dimensions allow for maximum social distancing. Keep in mind that GRA average number of students per classroom has been in the range of 14 to 17 students in the last few years.
The following plan will be adopted for the school year 2020-2021 for all grades. The measures outlined are tentative and subject to change:
- School hours will be daily from 9:00 am-3:00 pm for KG-10th grade
- Preschool hours will be from: 8:30 am- 3:30 pm
- Monday August 31, 2020 is the first day of school for all students.
- Shorter hours are adapted to allow for extra cleaning and disinfecting time
- Sick students, teachers and other staff must stay home and will not be allowed in
- Wearing a mask (This subject is very critical, GRA is studying all options before making a final decision).
- Temperature check will be performed on everyone entering the facility in the. Anyone who shows signs of sickness (cough, fever, etc.) will be asked to return home. In addition, students will be observed throughout the day for any sign of symptoms
- GRA will promote regular hand washing with water, soap and hand sanitizer
- GRA common areas and classrooms will be cleaned and disinfected on daily basis.
- GRA will enforce social distancing inside the facility:
- keeping students within six-feet from each other
- GRA will have limited seating in each classroom (average 15 students/classroom and for preschool: 12-14 students)
- Students desks will be placed with 6-feet in each direction
- All sort of gathering will be suspended especially sports and assembly
- Food service will not be available and students should bring their own lunch/snack. Majority of students will eat lunch/snack in classrooms.
- Limiting large groups of students coming together. For this reason, GRA will be using four different entrances to allow student and staff in.:
- Parents will not be allowed to enter the facility during drop off or pick up
- Parents will drop off their child(children) at the designated entrance. Each entrance will be marked with a specific color:
- Green for PreK
- Blue for KG-5th
- Yellow for 6th-10th
- Red for Teachers and staff
- Once the student is cleared to enter the facility, he/she will head to his/her classroom under the observation of a GRA staff
- During drop off, each teacher will be taking her students to the designated area for pick up. Parents stay in their cars while students follow the instruction of their teachers on when to leave
- Students will spend the majority of their time in classrooms. However, specific breaks will be given during the day for lunch/snack, prayer and/or other activities
- The school will enforce its safety policy and will not tolerate any violations. There will be serious consequences for those who refuse or break the rules
- The school will be prepared for possible infection and will follow the guidance of CDC "School Decision Tree". Please click here for more information
- In case of forced closure to school by local authorities due to another outbreak of COVID-19, the school will immediately turn to online learning
- Tuition payments will be deferred in case of forced closure. Parents are requested to pay the registration fee upon enrollment, then 15 % of tuition is due August first, 2020 ($657 for KG-9th, $ 825 for PreK). There will be tuition payments at the beginning of each month. The final payment will be due on March 4th, 2021.
- GRA will train its staff vigorously during the summer time to ensure that our teachers and staff are ready to handle and deal with any challenging issue related to COVID-19.
Please feel free to call or email the school in case you have any question or concern. More details about GRA opening will be released in due time.
P.S. GRA is open for next year's registration. You can register online by visiting www.greatrevelations.org or stop by the school office. Office hours for the month of June are Monday to Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
With Allah's Blessings,
Dr. Hania Salame
Great Revelations Academy
6400 Miller Rd
Dearborn, MI 48126
Tel: (313) 254-4504
Fax: (313) 649-5353
"Work for a Better Life as if you live forever, and work for a Better End as if you die tomorrow" Imam Ali (as)