Assalamu-Alykum Dear Parents,
After careful consideration, and hearing feedback from our dedicated parents, the Great Revelations Academy Board of Directors and Administration has decided to reinstate in person student learning for the 2020-2021 school year.
Parents for students in grades 1st-10th have two options:
Option 1--In Person Learning (cost, $4500 plus registration fees per child):
- Please see the linked video below for protocols and safety measures GRA will follow for this option.
- Students will be in class M-F from 9am-2pm. Attendance will be taken. Students will have core classes along with Arabic and Islamic Studies daily.
- Students will eat lunch in their classrooms, and must bring their own lunches.
- In the event that there is a government mandated shutdown, (ie, a return to Phase 2 or 3 declared by Governor Whitmore), learning will continue virtually until the mandate is lifted. Our teachers will continue to work tirelessly to provide your children a quality education.
- Tuition must still be paid in full at this option's rate, even in the event of a temporary transition to online learning.
- In the event of a Covid outbreak, the GRA will follow state guidelines and continue our online educational commitment without missing a beat.
- Class sizes will be capped, and we are currently accepting students on a first come first serve basis.
Option 2--Virtual Learning (cost, $3000 plus registration fees per child):
- Technological equipment will be installed in classrooms that will follow in person instruction. Students enrolled in this option will essentially livestream in class lessons, and be responsible for completing assigned work.
- As with any online program, parents must be committed to facilitate learning for students and to follow along with in class instruction.
- Parents must also facilitate the pick up and drop off of materials. Parents must provide laptops and technological resources for students.
- This option will essentially require a commitment from parents to ensure students are completing work, following along on time, and are self-motivated.
- Students who are in the virtual learning program will follow the same schedule as students learning in person, which includes core classes in addition to invaluable daily Arabic and Islamic Studies lessons.
GRA is currently training staff with a GRA classroom and communication software that will be accessible to students in either learning option.
Please note, you must commit fully to one option or the other. You can not switch between options once committed, and the full tuition of that designated option must be followed--even in the event of a government mandated shut down.
Preschool and Kindergarten students will continue in person registration at a rate of $5500 and $4500 plus registration fees, respectively.
For planning purposes, and to ensure that we can provide the best level of education and safety, it is important that all parents choose an option, register, and begin a payment plan as soon as possible.
Parents must choose and register for an option by August 24, 2020 so that the school can plan and accommodate your child(ren) accordingly.
As always, please don't hesitate to direct your concerns to the front office.